Breathtakingly beautiful illustrations. A simple but deep and profound poem by Michio Mado, an award-winning Japanese poet. The work of German painter Oscar Bluemner, that depicts nature in all her wondrous glory. All these strands combine to weave a delightful tale for young minds in a book published by Katha.
Why Always? brings out the wonders of nature and leads the child into the rich depths of his or her own mind and imagination.
Titled Why Always? the book combines a poem written by Mado with the artwork of Bluemner. The result is a book that brings out the wonders of nature and leads the child into the rich depths of his or her own mind and imagination.
- This book is apt for the 4 to 9 age group.
- Each picture will lead you into a multitude of directions and thoughts. Sit with your child and encourage him or her to talk about what the picture is about. Think about it yourself and share your thoughts with your child.
- This book is a great starting point for a discussion on the moving power of nature.
- Let the experience of reading the book spark off your own creativity. Who knows, you may be inspired to write something or paint something, as will the child. Go ahead and indulge!
- Take your time with this book. It may be a slim one, but it has a lot of depth. And enjoy the bond that it helps you create with your child!
Other arty books
Reading books about art or artists can bring about a different kind of appreciation for art in children. Why Always? has a Hindi rendition as well.